CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

DRIVE-IN


We decided to steal the idea from Jared and Brittany and take the kids to their first Drive-In Movie. It was definitely an interesting experience. We took out all of the seats in the mini-van(yes, I have a mini-van. But only until my kids are out of car seats and then I'm getting an SUV) and made a huge bed in the back.
Going to the Drive-In Movies in Florida is a bit different than going in Utah like I remembered it. It's HOT and SWEATY and I can't tell you how many mosquitos there are here. So we had to drench the kids and ourselves in bug spray and we still got eaten alive. Brad got the comfy spot inside the car and I got to stay outside and chase the kids whenever they ran off. This is another reason why Brad doesn't take very many pictures, because he can't remember to put the camara into focus. Brad made it through MAYBE half of the first movie and then he was out! Owen actually made it through all of the first movie (Wall-E) and half of the second one (Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian).

We finally left during the middle of the second movie because even though it was 1:00 in the morning, Alex and Kate would NOT go to bed. All in all we won't go back until the winter time when it's cooler and there aren't any mosquitos.

7 comments:

Banks Family said...

All your kids are so cute! Thats so cool you guys are gonna have another! Way to go girl!! Looks like Florida is cool, but hot and humid.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to a drive in movie in forever. Come to think of it, I don't think we have one here any more. Sad. :( Maybe I'll just come out there to see one.

flmama said...

We are going to the drive-in tonight, if it doesn't rain. Our 4th weekend looks to be rained out completely. The drive-in here is showing Wall-E, Prince Caspian, and Get Smart. Get Smart doesn't start until 1:45 AM, so we'll see if I can make it through that one, it better be really funny!

THE HINDMANS said...

I wish we had one close. It really looks like a great family time. I cant tell you how much we really miss all you! Love you guys!

Baguleys said...

Your kids are sooo cute. How fun to go to a drive in, i haven't been to one for ages and im not sure i would be as brave as you. How are you feeling?

Jamie said...

I miss drive-ins!! Niki... you live an hour away from me... WHEN DO I GET TO SEE YOU AND MEET YOUR FAMILY!!!

Danielle Harris said...

Hey Niki! I started a blog if you want to check it out. It is fun to see pictures of your family. www.cdharris.blogspot.com