CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

North Captive Island

Last week was another busy one for our family. We got the oppotunity to go to one of the small islands off of North Captiva Island with some very close friends of ours. The Poirier's invited us to come and stay with them during their family vacation. They have always been so sweet to our family and we've been so grateful to have them in our lives. To give a short story of how we met them, they were the very first family that we met when we moved down to Florida. We drove in late on Valentine's day 2004 and it just so happens that it was also Daytona 500 weekend as well. So we drove in to town not knowing where anything was and the only hotel that we knew of was completely booked. Luckily I had gotten the Bishop's phone number before we left Utah and we called them to ask where there was another hotel around. Well, they said they knew of a great place to stay and they invited us to come over and stay with them. That made me feel SOOO uncomfortable, but Brad kept saying "It'll be fine, where else are we going to stay, in the car with our 3 month old baby?". So much to my dismay, we went over to their house. It just so happened that it was also one of their sons birthdays and they had family from out of town that was staying with them as well. But they welcomed us into their home with open arms and they've been family ever since. We love them to pieces and were excited to play for a few days at their beach house. I didn't get too many pictures and I'm sorry for that I totally regret it. But the kids had so much fun playing with Alexie(19), Mitchell(17), Max(16), and Cassie(14), my kids love them! So thanks to the Poirier's for the wonderful memories and the great friendship that we've created!!! We love and miss you guys. This is Max(at top), Owen and Mitchell(at bottom) playing dominoes. They played everyday with Owen and Owen loved every minute of it. They had a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom and the kids loved taking baths in it with all the bubbles. The kids were always at the front of the boat sucking in all the fresh air. We saw a lot of wild dolphin pods on our boat trips and some came right up to the boat. I was having too much fun to take any pictures of that (STUPID!) The kids got to sleep in the same room with all the big kids and it was a nightmare to get them to sleep for naps and at night. But all the playing and sun wore them down. Kate and Alex had so much fun playing with Bently, one of the Poirier's bulldogs.

1 comments:

flmama said...

Dang, Max is looking way too big, I thought that was Mitchell. That makes me sad, I love that kid! Actually, all their kids they are great! I was reading how you met the Poiriers and I realized that it was Vesna who pushed us your way when you guys moved in. So, I guess we have her to thank for our friendship, too! You do always kill me with the beach pictures! :)