CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Soccer Mom


I'm proud to say that I'm officially a SOCCER MOM! Owen started his first soccer league yesterday and he loves it. He's the tallest on his team and I'm sure the oldest. Where we used to live in Port St. Lucie, you couldn't start playing until you turned 4 and he missed it last year by a month. Here you start when you're 3, so now Alex barely misses the deadline. I told Brad that I'm hooked, I'm going to be one of those sport Mom's that's constantly running around watching all of her children play in their games. It was so fun to watch all the kids run in a million different directions trying to chase the ball and kick it in the goal. Owen is already telling me that he wants to keep playing soccer and he wants to play football that starts in a couple of months. I couldn't be more excited!
Owen's waiting patiently to have a turn kicking the ball into the goal.


Here's his go at it looking like he's taken a move out of the movie Kung Fu Panda.


And He SCORES!

6 comments:

Joe & Lara said...

how cute!!! how fun! he can't be old enough for that! :)
neat and fun for you! and you have 2 good little cheerleaders for on the sidelines with you!
lara :)

The Kemps said...

I can't believe how big Owen is! I love watching little kids play soccer too. Being a soccer mom is fun and yet a little exhausting. The kids are hilarious when they are first learning to play, they run around in a bunch and even if they only touch the ball once they love every minute of it!

Jamie said...

OH MY GOSH! Niki I have never been so happy to see you!! You look wonderful and have such a beautiful family! I definitely want to see you! Lets figure something out soooooon!!!

Banks Family said...

Looks like fun. We will be a sport family too with 2 boys! You will have to let me know what 2 boys are like together! Your boys are probably good friends. They are so cute!

Laquina said...

I thought about you guys as I landed in West Palm Beach since I know you guys used to live there....and I thought about you guys from my hotel in Boca Raton....and then I thought about you guys again as my plane took off from WPB.

I really wanted to see you all but I was only there for a short 4 day trip and it was all work all the time. The only time I left the hotel was friday night at 11pm after work to walk down the street to Boca Bowl which was a treat in and of itself...

You have so many rugrats now!!! I'm so glad you are so happy, it only reminds me how much I am behind the times all single with no kids. Hopefully I'll get to Florida again sometime and will definitely let you now. Where do you live now?

Anonymous said...

You're living my dream girly. I can't wait to have kids and be the fun sporty soccer mom. I'm glad you're having fun. You're so adorable!